Senior Event Manager
Posted: Sep 23, 2022
Senior Event Manager
Company: ASM Global
Under the supervision of the Director of Event Management & Business Analysis, the Senior Event Manager provides responsible professional customer services in the Event Services Department. At this level, the Senior Event Manager manages the success of meetings and conventions requiring facilities of the Pennsylvania Convention Center by independently coordinating and directing the delivery of services to large conventions, exhibitions, and consumer shows.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with supervision of Event Managers and Event Coordinators.
- Meets with customer to plan and organize assigned meetings and/or events.
- Coordinates activities with the various service contractors for assigned meetings and/or events.
- In absence of DOE assign events to event management team.
- Provide exceptional customer service, hospitality, and prompt attention to the customer’s needs.
- Provide timely and accurate information necessary to produce the event.
- Manage multiple events and phases of event production.
- Act as key contact with the customer for communication and logistical requirements from planning process through the execution of the event.
- Implements facility rules, regulations policies and procedures.
- Anticipates problems and appropriate solutions.
- Review and approve all event requirements prior to their distribution at the weekly staff meeting.
- Guide customer in preparation of events by interpreting and explaining contract provisions, policies, and procedures.
- Inform customer as to status of deadline schedules, including but not limited to floor plan submissions, meeting room set-up specifications, insurance requirements and other relevant details.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication of detailed requirements to operational departments. Assists in scheduling operational set-ups to provide equipment or service needs.
- Monitor and supervise facility set-up as required.
- Assists in training event services staff.
- Serves as primary or secondary liaison between customers and facility departments.
- Monitor in-house events, maintaining close contact with customers and facility staff to ensure successful events.
- Attend appropriate planning, organization and other event and facility meetings in support of facility operations.
- Supports the departments secondary event manager program.
- Accessibility through email, phone, or cell phone 24 hours per day, including holidays, in the event of an emergency impacting the assigned events.
- Collaborate with the Pennsylvania Convention Visitors Bureau (PHLCVB), contractors, and internal partners.
- Manage event related decisions based on PCC/ASM Global policies and procedures.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of surroundings to prevent accidents, specifically while on the exhibit hall floor.
- Ensure the availability of PCC/ASM Global equipment contracted for customer’s use.
- Serves as manager on duty as required.
- Works extended/irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Promotes and fulfills ASM Global goals and brand promise.
- Participates in safety programs to achieve safety goals.
- Assists the department and organization with various projects and special assignments as needed.
- Assists the event team with but not limited to covering primary, secondary shifts and event floor manager reasonability’s, interacting with exhibitors and administrative duties related to events
- Performs other assigned duties as required, functions and special projects as assigned by the Director of Event Management & Business Analysis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality, business, facility management or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the hospitality industry and/or customer service
- Minimum 3 years of event planning, meeting planning, or production experience
- CMP (Certified Meeting Planner) – preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, communication (both written and verbal), and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent business judgment and willingness to make timely decisions.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and prioritizing work activities, using time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Ability to work within the Ungerboeck Event Management software (EBMS) application (after training).
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner gathers and analyzes information accurately and skillfully.
- Must be energetic, forward-thinking, creative individual with high ethical standards.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours and varying work schedule (i.e., evenings, weekends, and holidays), as required overseeing assigned events.
- Must portray an appropriate professional image and attitude.
- Strong computer skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of event booking and scheduling software, spreadsheet software and word processing software and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around PCC, at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily. The employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; using hand to handle files, type and operate offices machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle contracts, other office correspondence, etc.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Irregular hours may be required.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.