Staff Accountant (A/R)
Posted: Jan 25, 2022
Staff Accountant (A/R)
Company: ASM Global
Under the Accountant Supervisor’s supervision, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for various accounting functions for the facility including receivables and general ledger work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and enter journal entries into accounting system
- Provide and prepare analysis for monthly margin revenue (Electric, Rigging, Audio Visual) Coordinate with Business leaders to confirm accuracy of monthly revenue margins
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and review with senior accountant and controller on monthly basis
- Review results to budget and prepare variance analysis reports.
- Accounts Receivable processing and invoicing for all events
- Coding and posting AR invoices into EBMS billing system
- Utilizing EBMS billing system to ensure advanced deposits are up to date in accordance to the due date per the license agreements.
- Invoice all 3rd party vendors for commissions due
- Responsible for working with Aramark to apply all F&B commissions to customer events per their license agreement and level of required spend
- Daily deposit of all cash and checks received into the PNC Bank operating account
- Daily batch reconciliation of all credit payments processed
- Lead collection efforts of all customer past due balances per the AR Aging
- Research and resolve all accounts receivable discrepancies
- Ensure full compliance of PCI Compliance guidelines through credit card processing
- Process all credit card transactions for services orders received for ancillary services from other departments via email, online and fax
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, one must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Thorough and complete knowledge of computer systems and software, including Excel and Word
- One to two years of accounting experience, preferably in the hospitality industry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of general and cost accounting
- Familiar with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational ability
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of event booking and scheduling software, spreadsheet software and word processing software and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Some working knowledge of Solomon
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around PCC, at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily. The employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; using hand to handle files, type and operate offices machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle contracts, other office correspondence, etc.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Irregular hours may be required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.