Posted: Sep 26, 2022
Company: ASM Global
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Sales and Marketing, the Sales Manager solicits and sells meeting space to assigned vertical market segments and other market segments; responsible for the attainment of short-term financial goals, strategies, plans and policies; maintains confidentiality of ASM Global/ PCC client, vendor, and contractor information and data in full accordance with ASM Global/ PCC handbook policy guidelines and any other Board of Director or upper management directives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prospects using various resources including making phone calls, sales calls, the internet and social networking, and creates and presents proposals.
- Meets or exceeds sales quota goals as established by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Administer accounts by processing appropriate paperwork.
- Represents the ASM Global/ PCC at all account related events.
- Develops Sales & Marketing Plans and Strategies and preliminary departmental budgets with Director of Sales.
- Conducts ASM Global/ PCC as well as PHLCVB (Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau) site tours for existing and prospective clients.
- Solicits new and repeat business through various methods, including through lead generators.
- Assist PHLCVB Partners with booking reservations, variance requests, and negotiations.
- Attends and participates in workshops, seminars, meetings, and other training programs to keep up-to-date with current industry trends and practices.
- Participation at industry tradeshows, sales missions, and pre-planning meetings.
- Partner with PHLCVB sales managers on all account related matters
- Performs related work as required by job assignment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum two (2) years hospitality experience in a sales or marketing function in a Convention Center, Visitor’s Bureau or Hotel Environment
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Ability to work irregular hours, days, weekends, and holidays, if required.
- Certification as a Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) is strongly encouraged.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the marketing principles necessary to promote a facility with the size and scope of ASM Global/ PCC.
- Ability to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to make direct presentations to groups;
- Excellent negotiation and customer service skills;
- Excellent business judgement, willing to make timely decisions;
- Excellent planning, organizing, and prioritizing work activities, using time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently
- Excellent leadership skills
- Must portray an appropriate professional image
- Strong in Windows, Microsoft Suites, Skype, and other computer programs is required
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient In Word and Excel. Experience with ADP systems desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certification as a Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) is strongly encouraged.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around PCC, at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily. The employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; using hand to handle files, type and operate offices machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle contracts, other office correspondence, etc.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Irregular hours and travel may be required.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.