Operation Manager (Housekeeping)
Posted: Jan 25, 2022
Operation Manager (Housekeeping)
Company: ASM Global
Under the Director of Operations supervision, The Housekeeping Operations Manager shall be responsible for the directing Housekeeping labor, overseeing daily housekeeping in and around the venue as well as preshow, show and post show cleaning. The Operations Manager (Housekeeping) will work closely with various department within the Center as well as Show Producers in order to ensure quality of services rendered to PCC clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, instruct and provide clear instructions to Local 332 staff regarding Housekeeping assignments as required for events as well as daily housekeeping duties.
- Assist the Director of Operations and General Foreman with labor needs for scheduling according to event specifications.
- Assist Director of Operations and Operations Manager (Set-up) with event set-up duties when necessary.
- Develop and coordinate training methods and programs to assure the venue is kept in top condition and the housekeeping staff is as efficient as possible.
- Coordinate equipment requirements to best maintain the cleanliness of the venue.
- Distribute work assignments accordingly and monitor work progress.
- Closely monitor housekeeping staff to ensure services delivered are in accordance with ASM Global/PCC standards and ensure completion.
- Assist in compiling event related costs.
- Control inventory of housekeeping related goods and work with Purchasing Manager to assure inventory levels are sufficient to accomplish the required duties.
- Control Inventory of larger housekeeping related equipment such as scrubbers and vacuums and provide update list twice a year.
- Ensure the equipment is being used and maintained properly.
- Conduct routine inspections of the facility to ensure cleanliness.
- Attend internal and external meetings, pre/post-convention meeting as required to coordinate event activities.
- Interface with Event Services to facilitate the completion of event requirements.
- Prepares and distributes to internal departments in a timely manner end of shift overview detailing all information required for the execution of the event.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises the Local 332 staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM Global policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, one must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma
- 3 years of experience in a supervisory capacity with major convention, hotel facility or multi property environment.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of building maintenance and control functions is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to work under limited supervision, demonstrate supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all department levels and staff.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
- Computer knowledge includes Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and EBMS.
- Operating knowledge event related equipment including performance staging and elevated seating equipment.
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. PCC is a 24-hour operation
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of event booking and scheduling software, spreadsheet software and word processing software and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around PCC, at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily. The employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; using hand to handle files, type and operate offices machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle contracts, other office correspondence, etc.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Irregular hours and travel may be required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.