Event Coordinator/Admin Assist.
Posted: Oct 3, 2023
Event Coordinator/Admin Assist.
Company: ASM Global PA Convention Center
Under the Director of Event Management & Business Analysis supervision, the Event Coordinator/Administrative Assistant shall be responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating events within the Pennsylvania Convention Center as assigned and shall monitor the logistical details of these events, to include but not limited to: Preparing event outlines, preparing scaled drawing of event areas, coordination of equipment distribution, event billing, monitoring events assigned, act as Event Floor Manager and such functions and duties assigned by the Director of Event Management & Business Analysis. The Event Coordinator/Administrative Assistant serves as primary or secondary contact for client and all internal departments and must be present during the execution of the event. The Event Coordinator/Administrative Assistant shall be responsible for routine day-to-day support services as required to include but not limited to answering the telephone, directing telephone messages, typing correspondence and such other functions and duties as required in support of the Event Services Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtain and organize detailed information and requirements from clients.
- Prepare detailed event manifests, outlines, work orders and instructions for events as required.
- Prepare appropriate drawings of event requirements as required.
- Coordinate equipment distribution (drapes, tables, chairs, staging, etc.) as required.
- Function as liaison between users of the Pennsylvania Convention Center and Staff.
- Monitor assigned events and interface with coordinators of events scheduled during the same period.
- Provide exceptional customer service, hospitality, and prompt attention to the clients’ needs.
- Provide timely and accurate information necessary to produce the event.
- Manage multiple events and phases of event production.
- Act as key contact with the customer for communication and logistical requirements.
- Serves as primary or secondary liaison between clients and facility departments.
- Supports the department’s secondary event manager program.
- Monitors in-house events, maintaining close contact with clients and facility staff to ensure success.
- Collaborate with the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau (PCVB), contractors, and internal partners.
- Manage event related decisions based on PCC/ASM Global policies and procedures.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of surroundings to prevent accidents, especially while on the exhibit hall floor.
- Oversee equipment rentals of PCC/ASM Global owned equipment to clients, including chairs, tables, risers.
- When servicing a group in house be accessible through email, phone, or cell phone 24 hours per day, including holidays, in the event of an emergency impacting the assigned events.
- Follow-up on all client requests, concerns, and challenges.
- Attends appropriate planning, tie down, preconvention meetings, organization and other event and facility meetings in support of facility operations.
- Maintains the proper image and generates positive public relations with patrons and staff.
- Works extended/irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Promotes and fulfills ASM Global goals and brand promise.
- Participates in safety programs to achieve safety goals.
- Assists the department and organization with various projects and special assignments as needed.
- Assists the events team with but not limited to covering primary, secondary shifts, and exhibitors and administrative duties related to events.
- Work irregular schedule as required overseeing assigned events.
- Answer, screen, and direct all telephone calls
- Create Pre-Con Agenda and Name Plates
- Create and maintain Pre-planning Agenda
- Upload website authorization information on Calendar of Events.
- Type correspondence for Event Services personnel
- Operate office equipment, two-way radio as required
- Distribute internal correspondence
- Distribute 2-week schedule of events
- Distribute escalator schedule
- Implement office and personnel policies as required
- Maintain an irregular work schedule when circumstances dictate
- Performs other assigned duties as required, functions and special projects as assigned by the Director of Event Management & Business Analysis.
To perform this job successfully, one must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school education or equivalent.
- Additional years’ experience may serve as substitute on basis of two (2) years’ experience for one (1) year of college.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a related field highly desirable.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours in fast paced environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable in all events related and departmental procedures established by the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
- Prepared to interact with fellow employees with respect to policies, procedures and overall operating guidelines of the Pennsylvania Convention Center and maintain an excellent public image for the Center.
- Good oral and written communications skills and the ability to follow directions with minimal instruction are also skills associated with this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have some working knowledge of event booking and scheduling software, spreadsheet software and word processing software and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around PCC, at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily. The employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; using hand to handle files, type and operate offices machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle contracts, other office correspondence, etc.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Irregular hours and land and/or travel may be required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.