Assistant Network Administrator (Wireless)
Posted: Aug 8, 2022
Assistant Network Administrator (Wireless)
Company: ASM Global
Under the direct supervision of the Network Administrator, the Assistant Network Administrator (Wireless) will be responsible for assisting in the planning, implementation, support, and maintenance of the Pennsylvania Convention Center existing and future LAN/WAN infrastructure and computing environments, with a focus on wireless.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements, configures, tests, and maintains the integrity of LAN/WAN hardware, software, and services.
- Implements, configures, supports, and manages a traditional Microsoft-based computing Desktop, environment and a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure environment using Microsoft systems management software and tools.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity and security of the Pennsylvania Convention Center network environments and stored data.
- Identifies network and system problems and determines and coordinates corrective actions.
- Makes recommendations to management for hardware/software enhancements based upon study and analysis of the current environment.
- Responsible for maintaining and administration of our wireless infrastructure
- Provides on-call support as required for all network and other technical issues.
- Assists Help Desk personnel in providing support when required.
- Works with other Technical Services staff members and, when necessary, business unit partners to ensure effective systems solutions and prioritization of work.
- Develops detailed and comprehensive technical documentation, studies, and reports.
- Establishes and maintains effective relations with others including Pennsylvania Convention Center management, staff, and vendors.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or related experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of increasing responsibility in implementing, administering, and managing complex LAN/WAN, server, and Microsoft computing environments.
- Minimum of three (3) years of hands-on, verifiable experience configuring, implementing, supporting, administering, and managing network hardware, wireless, devices, and software within a Microsoft infrastructure framework and Windows Server environment, including but not limited to:
- Cisco routers
- Cisco switches
- Cisco firewalls
- Wireless network infrastructure
- Wireless management software
- Cisco Network Management Software; and,
- Network monitoring and analysis tools.
- Also, experience with Cisco Security Software is desirable but not required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
A demonstrable level of relevant technical competency and experience in related areas including but not limited to:
- A thorough understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking
- A practical level of experience implementing and administrating common TCP/IP-based services, including but not limited to: DNS, LDAP DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, etc.
- A working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities.
- Experience with design, implementation, and troubleshooting EIGRP and BGP networks.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining wireless network environments is required.
- Experience in the implementation, configuration, and maintenance of Cisco IOS operating systems is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience using root-cause analysis to troubleshoot network and other IT-related problems and issues.
- Ability to direct special projects involving the implementation of IT-related initiatives as well as to operate as part of a project team and to manage small teams of personnel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including experience in developing and maintaining technical), interpersonal skills, and a commitment to quality and providing exemplary customer service required.
- Strong customer service skills, including excellent communication skills required.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours commensurate with event schedules and event needs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Evidence of any or all of the following certifications is highly desirable:
- Cisco CCNP or CCNAW
- Microsoft MCITP, MCSE, and/or MCSA
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around PCC, at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily. The employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; using hand to handle files, type and operate offices machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle contracts, other office correspondence, etc.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
This position will generally work standard business hours, but the candidate may be required to work off-schedule hours including holidays and weekends.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.