Posted: Jul 19, 2021
Company: ASM Global
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Sales & Marketing, the Sales Coordinator will be responsible for booking small meetings within the facility while also managing the day to day administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate sales leads and establish new and repeat small meetings
- Respond to all incoming sales leads, including Convention Center calendar leads as assigned
- Create customized rental proposals for all spaces within the Center for small meetings
- Follow up on proposal, leads and inquiries
- Maintain a relationship with clients
- Input and maintain all events and event holds using the booking software (EBMS)
- Submit requests for Event Managers to work on estimated costs
- Enter booking requests from Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau sales team
- Work as needed with Event Managers for smooth transition of accounts
- Maintain sales files with accurate information withing booking system (EBMS)
- Conduct and assist with on-site visits with prospective clients
- Create and routinely update departmental reports on a weekly basis
- Create thank you letters and follow up with clients at the conclusion of each event
- Serve as back up as Welcome Desk receptionist
- Work events as assigned
- Assist in the creation of copy for sales collateral, ads as assigned by the Director of Sales
- Initiate and execute License agreements and variance requests for event bookings
- Participate in hospitality related events and associations to promote the Center
- Share in the responsibility of coordinating and executing company hosted events
- Assist team in accomplishing sales and marketing goals
- Attend industry specific trade shows, conferences and meetings as necessary
- Serve as lead on all incoming phone calls
- Assist with the front desk duties as needed
- Maintain departmental sales documents, record and maintain all administrative duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, one must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school Diploma/GED required
- Associates degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of hospitality industry experience, preferably in a sales role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Sales/Guest/Customer Service experience (face to face interaction)
- Knowledge of MS Windows apps (Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Adobe Suite or Canva experience a plus
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Ability to work as a team member
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of event booking and scheduling software, (EBMS) spreadsheet software and word processing software and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around PCC, at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily. The employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; using hand to handle files, type and operate offices machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle contracts, other office correspondence, etc.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Irregular hours may be required.
To apply for this position, click on the link below and submit application.