Posted: Jul 29, 2019
Under the general supervision of the HR Manager, the HR Generalist will be responsible for providing comprehensive support and coordination of the day-to-day operations of human resources ensuring the efficient delivery of HR services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Human Resource Manager with all aspects of HR procedures and policies within the specified guidelines. Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues. Advises the corporate office of EEOC complaints and other employee relations problems.
- Performs recruitment activities. Writes and places advertisements. Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions. Plans and conducts new employee orientations.
- Coordinate new hire orientation and employee training programs. Ensure that all paperwork is filled out properly including W-4's, I-9, application, etc. Prepare documentation needed for new hires, or effective changes in pay, status, or benefits. Conduct background checks as needed.
- Provides general support with coordinating meetings, preparing reports, composing regular correspondence, processing confidential reports and documents, filing electronic and hard copy.
- Exercises individual judgment while dealing with potential issues on own initiative and bringing them to Human Resource Manager's attention.
- Assist Human Resources Manager with benefits administration, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Coordinates training or trains Managers in performance management, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment. Coordinates training or trains employees in ASM Global Customer Service Training.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, one must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university with an emphasis in Human Resources Management
- 2 to 3 years of Human Resources experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Solid knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills essential
- Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations required
- Must be able to prioritize schedules, work independently and follow instructions
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient In Word and Excel. Experience with ADP systems desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around PCC, at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily. The employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; using hand to handle files, type and operate offices machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle contracts, other office correspondence, etc.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Irregular hours may be required.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
To apply please visit our Career site here:
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 1-800-428-9000
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.