Housekeeping Operations Manager
Posted: May 7, 2019
Under the Director of Operations supervision, The Housekeeping Operations Manager shall be responsible for directing Housekeeping Managers and Local 332 staff, overseeing the pre-show, show and post show cleaning of the venue as well as direct day to day and special project(s) cleaning at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. The Housekeeping Operations Manager will work closely with various departments within the Center as well as Show Producers to ensure quality of services rendered to PCC clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct, supervise and schedule all aspects of the Housekeeping Managers and staff.
- Assist with management of contracted cleaning for shows and events.
- Direct oversight of all housekeeping requirements.
- Plan, organize and direct work of staff.
- Ensure building is properly maintained, cleaned and all systems within the facility are complete and operating correctly, according to performance specifications.
- Assist with oversight of cleaning of room(s).
- Order operational, housekeeping and event related supplies and maintains expenses within budget guidelines.
- Review and make recommendations on modifications to policies and procedures for operations and event staff.
- Oversee the training and scheduling of full and part-time operational staff.
- Attend internal and external planning meetings.
- Assist the Director of Operations in development of the operating budget.
- Assist the Director of Operations with formulation of capital spending plan.
- Ability to operate floor scrubbing machines, forklift and other industrial equipment related to building management preferred.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises the Housekeeping Managers and Local 332 staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, one must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of experience in a supervisory capacity with major Convention or Hotel Facility or equivalent position.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of building maintenance and control functions is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to work under limited supervision, demonstrate supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all department levels and staff.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
- Computer knowledge includes Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and EBMS.
- Operating knowledge forklifts, floor scrubbers and sweepers.
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. PCC is a 24-hour operation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of event booking and scheduling software, spreadsheet software and word processing software and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around PCC, at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily. The employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; using hand to handle files, type and operate offices machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle contracts, other office correspondence, etc.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Irregular hours and land and/or travel may be required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please visit our career website:
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 1-800-428-9000
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.