Graphic Design Specialist
Posted: Nov 15, 2018
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Graphic Design Specialist for SMG managed PA Convention Center. The Graphic Design Specialist will provide support to the operation, integrity and security of the Digital Signage Systems for Show Management, Event Management, and Marketing. The specialist will assist with web and print materials as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and design content for the Center’s digital signage inventory. Work closely with clients and sponsors to convey messaging in a creative and innovative manner.
- Assist in the development and graphic design of high quality marketing, advertising and collateral materials (including traditional print materials) for web-based promotional materials.
- Design projects included but not limited to direct mail (flyers, postcards, brochures, self-mailers and invitations), newspaper ads, creative Pennsylvania Convention Center publications, e-mail marketing components, internet (banners, pop-ups and other design elements), sponsorship elements, promotional items and internal communication pieces.
- Assist in managing creative materials for ad campaigns and venue marketing.
- Assist with inventory control of all equipment.
- Responsible for website graphic art maintenance
- Serve as a checkpoint with Communications Manager regarding logo usage, graphic standards etc.
- Produce independent design projects as assigned
- Assists with public relations and press-related functions
- Assists with development and production of promotional and collateral materials
- Assist with general administrative duties as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by IT Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelors' degree preferred in Graphic Arts, Advertising, Marketing or related field and a minimum of 1-year experience in graphic/web design projects or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate excellent technical problem-solving, creativity, organization and learning skills.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Experience with print production and graphic design.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in web design, content management, basic print production process and how it affects design.
- Display knowledge and techniques in Microsoft Office products, Adobe Creative Suite CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, After Effects), HTML and other related software. Additional experience with Video Editing software helpful.
- Ability to multi-task under extreme deadline pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Hours of Work and Travel Requirements
This position will generally work standard business hours, but the candidate may be required to work off-schedule hours including holidays and weekends.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. To apply, please visit our Career site:
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 1-800-428-9000
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.