Posted: Oct 22, 2018
POSITION: Event Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Event Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Events
FLSA STATUS: Salaried Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Event Coordinator for SMG PA Convention Center. The Event Coordinator shall be responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating events within the Pennsylvania Convention Center as assigned and shall monitor the logistical details of these events, to include but not limited to: Preparing event outlines, preparing scaled drawing of event areas, coordination of equipment distribution, event billing, monitoring events assigned, act as Event Floor Manager and such functions and duties assigned by the Director of Events. The Event Coordinator serves as primary or secondary contact for client and all internal departments and must be present during the execution of the event.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain and organize detailed information and requirements from clients.
- Prepare detailed event manifests, outlines, work orders and instructions for events as required.
- Prepare appropriate drawings of event requirements as required.
- Coordinate equipment distribution (drapes, tables, chairs, staging, etc.) as required.
- Function as liaison between users of the Pennsylvania Convention Center and Staff.
- Monitor assigned events and interface with coordinators of events scheduled during the same period.
- Serves as primary or secondary liaison between clients and facility departments.
- Supports the departments secondary event manager program.
- Monitors in-house events, maintaining close contract with clients and facility staff to ensure successful.
- events. Follow-up on all client requests, concerns and problems.
- Attends appropriate planning, tie down, preconvention meetings, organization and other event and facility meetings in support of facility operations.
- Serves as manager on duty as required.
- Maintains the proper image and generates positive public relations with patrons and staff.
- Works extended/irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Promotes and fulfills SMG goals and brand promise.
- Participates in safety programs to achieve safety goals.
- Assists the department and organization with various projects and special assignments as needed.
- Assists the event team with but not limited to covering primary, secondary shifts and event floor manager reasonability’s, interacting with exhibitors and administrative duties related to events
- Work irregular schedule as required overseeing assigned events.
- Conduct detailed facility inspections before move in and move out.
- Performs other assigned duties as required, functions and special projects as assigned by the Director of Events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum high school education or equivalent.
- Additional years’ experience may serve as substitute on basis of two (2) years’ experience for one (1) year of college.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a related field highly desirable.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours in fast paced environment.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable in all event related and departmental procedures established by the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
- Prepared to interact with fellow employees with respect to policies, procedures and overall operating guidelines of the Pennsylvania Convention Center, and maintain an excellent public image for the Center.
- Good oral and written communications skills and the ability to follow directions with minimal instruction are also skills associated with this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please visit our Career site:
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 1-800-428-9000
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.