Posted: Aug 15, 2018
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Diversity Manager at the Pennsylvania Convention Center, an SMG manage facility. The Diversity Manager will be responsible for the administration of and compliance with the Center’s Diversity and Inclusion Program to ensure participation in contracting and business opportunities for minority, disadvantage and women owned business enterprises.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the refinement, development and implementation of the overall strategy for achieving compliance with all of the objectives of the Center’s Diversity and Inclusion Program having particular emphasis on the development of effective programs to ensure appropriate utilization of minority and women owned businesses in the overall procurement activities.
- Oversees compliance monitoring and business diversity activities and assists in reviewing/preparing reports of MBE/WBE utilization related to procurement and service contracts on a monthly basis.
- Participates in the bid and pre-proposal process including, but not limited to, the development of evaluation criteria for bid packages/proposals to ensure that there are sufficient opportunities for the inclusion of minorities and women wherever possible in the Center’s procurement process.
- Reviews contract specification and provides appropriate policy and procedure language regarding the utilization of minorities and women in the procurement of proposed commodities or services.
- Develops and implements appropriate outreach programs based upon industry trends, needs and availability factors to maximize the number of qualified and certified MBE/WBE firms interested in participating in Convention Center projects.
- Remains up to date on policies and/or legislation affecting diversity programs.
- Assists in the coordination of activities on behalf of the Center at conferences and fairs aimed at building MBE/WBE participation and partnership opportunities. Attends and represents Business Diversity at various outreach events.
- Assist with the development of policies and programs to attract, retain and promote a diverse work force for the organization.
- Participate in the review, analysis and drafting of Bid/RFP documents and related contracts
- Monitor existing contracts to ensure pledged diversity and inclusion participation is met or exceeded.
- Responsible for interacting with the Authority and SMG staff to foster a consistent procurement process that achieves the diversity and inclusion mission of the PCC.
- Acts as trainer/facilitator to other internal customers regarding diverse business development
- Liaise with the Guest Experience Director to further the training of employees and facility partners on the importance of achieving the organizations procurement and diversity initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Procurement/Materials Management, Human Resources, or Business Administration preferred or equivalent education and work-related experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ in human resources, affirmative action/equal employment opportunity, or supplier diversity.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- ACCA Certification preferred
- CPSD Certification preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Ability to analyze and interpret documents.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular schedules and hours in fast-paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for review of programs and data reporting for long periods of time.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please visit our Career site:
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 1-800-428-9000.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.