Command Station Technician
Posted: Apr 18, 2019
Under the supervision of the Security Supervisor, the Command Station Technician (CST) will be assigned to the PCCA Command Station. The CST is responsible to monitor all security and safety activities inside and on the perimeter of the PCCA via the close-circuit surveillance system and the building alarms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive, record and respond to alarms and other emergencies in and around the Center
- Monitor security/safety activities in and around the Center or on close-circuit television monitors and the alarm system
- Proficiency in use of CCTV, including monitoring, recording, and playback
- Proficiency in maintaining the PCCA electronic incident reporting system (ISS 247)
- Receive incoming calls by telephone, radio and alarm system
- Monitor Building HVAC and Lighting Systems
- Coordinate with contracted security supervision to investigate, alarms and /or emergencies to police and/or fire departments and/or hospitals
- Maintain all applicable Command Station Logs as required
- Maintain all Command Station equipment as required
- Other duties, functions, special projects and responsibilities as assigned by the Support Services Manager
To perform this job successfully, one must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years experience in public safety / security
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of computer equipment, telecommunications, and emergency services radio
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around PCC, at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily. The employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; using hand to handle files, type and operate offices machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle contracts, other office correspondence, etc.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to work irregular hours / shift work.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
To apply please visit our Career site here:
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 1-800-428-9000
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.