Command Station Technician
Posted: Aug 24, 2021
Company: ASM Global
Under the direct supervision of the Security Supervisor, the part-time Command Station Technician shall be responsible for the operation of a Continuum Building Security and Access System. Also, a Siemens life-safety-fire alarm system as well as a DvTel CCTV System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive, record, and respond to alarms and other emergencies in and around the Pennsylvania Convention Center (PCC).
- Monitor security/safety activities in and around the PCC via close-circuit television (CCTV) monitors and building audio alarms.
- Coordinate with contracted security supervision to investigate, alarms and /or emergencies with PCC Sub Station Police, Philadelphia Fire Department, and area hospitals.
- Proficient in use of the Pennsylvania Convention Center’s CCTV Surveillance System, including monitoring, recording, and playback.
- Proficient in maintaining the PCC ISS 247 Electronic Incident Reporting System.
- Receive incoming calls by telephone, radio, and alarm system.
- Maintain all applicable Command Station logs as directed.
- Maintain all applicable Command Station equipment.
- Monitor Building HVAC and Lighting Systems 24/7.
- Ability to record and maintain the daily building access log and ensure all persons entering the PCC are entered into the electronic health tracking system via the appropriate application or electronic tablet.
- Assist with operating the ABI Mastermind management system at all PCC entrances to include visitor registration, security screening and building labor check-in.
- Other duties, functions, special projects, and responsibilities as assigned by the Security Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, one must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma
- Minimum (2) years in public safety
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of computer equipment, telecommunications, and emergency services radio
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around PCC, at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily. The employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; using hand to handle files, type and operate offices machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle contracts, other office correspondence, etc.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to work irregular hours including shift work, weekends, and holidays.
To apply for this position, click on the link below and submit application.