Client Utilities Accounting Manager
Posted: Sep 25, 2019
ASM Global is the world’s leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the combination of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue and event strategy and management. The Accounting Manager assists in the development and implementation of company goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and ASM Global policies and procedures.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in the development and implementation of company goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and purchasing, in accordance with SMG policies and procedures
- Reviews contracts for client, events, and subcontractors
- Develop and implement all financial reporting for Client Utilities department, including:
- Prepare financial analysis and other financial reports, including monthly statements, and annual budget for events and department in a timely manner
- Gain knowledge on union labor, labor calls, cost analysis, cost estimates, and revenue estimates to effectively analyze business needs and workflows
- Analyze financial performance against budget/forecast, cost analyses and use of financial modeling to recommend appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals
- Build credible data analysis database to effectively assess business needs and build history to accurately forecast and create year over year trend analysis.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of any new accounting, timekeeping, analysis, and reporting process as needed
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel.
- Work with Controller and Assistant General manager on implementing standard internal controls as well as process improvement plans in the client utilities department
- Assist Controller with external audit materials and financial reporting
- Collaborate with client utilities manager to educate and assist with understanding the revenue and expenses to better manage the business and department
- Provide executives with analytics and decision-support tools to proactively be able to make informed business decisions
- Assist executives with creating metrics, scorecards, and KPI’s.
- Document standard operating procedures within client utilities department
- Assist finance department with other duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- B. S. in Accounting from a four-year college or university.
- At least 4 to 7 years’ experience in public accounting, financial management, cost accounting, or finance
Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting
- Strong leadership, and management skills
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities with superior numeric skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required
- Extensive knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets and word processing software
- Extensive financial modeling ability
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CPA, MBA or CMA certification strongly preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Ability to work irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays. The ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
- Must be highly motivated
- Must have professional attitude and appearance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for review of statistical and other financial records and information.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
To Apply, please visit our career site here:
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 610-729-1074
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.