The Pennsylvania Convention Center and SMG, the world's leading public facilities manager, are working to streamline and refine the customer experience in Philadelphia. The improvements are based on customer feedback and generated a Sept. 19 live Town Hall, "We Heard You." Members of the meetings industry posed questions to PCC President & CEO John McNichol and General Manager Lorenz Hassenstein of SMG. They answered and gave information about expanded work rules, streamlined jurisdictions and customer service in Philadelphia. To watch the 45-minute video, click the link below:
We Heard You: Special Town Hall for Our Customers
Timeline of Change
The Board of Directors of the Pennsylvania Convention Center Authority selected West Conshohocken, Pa.,-based SMG, worldwide entertainment and convention venue management,
to begin management of the convention center on Dec. 1, 2013.
SMG’s expertise is unmatched. The company brings its national and international best practices to Philadelphia, focusing on giving customers customized assistance from the conception to the conclusion of their meetings.
The SMG team, consisting of industry veterans and former PCC employees, is offering streamlined planning, budgeting and construction to offer the most business-friendly experience of any facility in the country. SMG is offering a proactive partnership for meeting planners and exhibitors, visible on-the-floor teams to manage labor, and competitive price and values for customers.
Milestones Met and More to Come…
· Commonwealth of Pennsylvania takes ownership of Pennsylvania Convention Center.
· Board of Directors announces 100 percent commitment to customer service.
· Board of Directors hires SMG to manage the state-of-the-art facility.
· SMG building a customer-centric team that includes the hiring of several key industry-trained executives.
· SMG, PCC Authority and PHLCVB recommit to seamless interaction with customers.
· SMG forms Show Services Advisory Group with representation from SMG, Show Contractors and Exhibitors to create an inclusive environment.
· The Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) partners with Philadelphia and the Pennsylvania Convention Center to market the facility for 2014.
· Four stakeholder trade unions sign new Customer Satisfaction Agreement.
For more information about hosting an event at the Pennsylvania Convention Center managed by SMG, please call 215-418-4750 or email us at email@example.com.