In 2003, the Pennsylvania Convention Center implemented a new Customer Satisfaction Agreement that was specifically aimed at making it easier and less expensive for our Customers and Exhibitors to conduct business within our building. These rights are among the most progressive in the industry. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to take the time to review your rights, so that your experience at the PCC is handled in a cost-effective manner.
- In exhibit booths that are no larger than 300 net square feet, an Exhibitor or a full-time company representative(s) may erect or tear down booths and may use non-powered hand tools. The use of power tools, battery operated tools and ladders are prohibited.
- In exhibit booths that are no larger than 300 net square feet, only an Exhibitor or a full-time company representative(s) of exhibitor's company may hang signs or graphics.
Loading and Unloading
- Customers and Exhibitors may load and unload non-commercial automobiles, station wagons, mini-vans, SUVs, and non-commercially registered 4-wheel pick-up trucks and vans.
- Customers and Exhibitors may use equipment, including but not limited to carts, dollies, luggage carriers 4-wheel flat bed carts and 2-wheel hand trucks. The use of any motorized or hydraulic devices is prohibited.
- All full-time regular employees of Customers and Exhibitors shall be permitted to connect their personal computers (desktop and laptop), computer components and peripherals with no limitation.
- All-third party vendors, including rental companies, contractors and/or vendors must utilize union workers to install and dismantle their laptops, desktops, and computers.
- The installation and dismantling of all computers (in bulk) in the Cyber Cafes and all meeting rooms shall be handled by a combined workforce of Electricians and Stagehands that is designated by the Labor Supplier (Elliot-Lewis).
- Computers set on stage are exclusively the jurisdiction of Stagehands.
- The use of motorized pallet jackets by Customers/Exhibitors is prohibited within the PCC. The Customer/Exhibitor is free to move any freight within their booth using non-motorized dolly.
- Décor and props (on stage) are installed and dismantled by Stagehands.
- I & D Exhibits (not set by Exhibitor) are installed and dismantled by Carpenters.
Easels and/or Sign Cards
- All full-time regular employees of Show Management, Meeting Planner, or Show Organizers may place, move and/or remove easels or card signs or both.
- Signs and easels need to be delivered to a central location for organization's staff members to move to appropriate location.
- Exhibitors cannot run cords under carpet
- Exhibitors can run cords over carpet as long as they are concealed and do not impose a trip hazard, i.e. side curtains, under tables with skirts.
- All cord within booth must be grounded 3-wire, 12 gauge UL cords.
- No household ungrounded 2-wire extension cords allowed.
- All commercial deliveries must utilize union labor to unload and deliver floral arrangements and plants to exhibits and meeting rooms.
- Exhibitors and Customers using a non-commercial vehicle can load, unload and deliver plants to their designated area.
- Exhibitors and Customers and their employees at the organization can load and unload their plants or floral arrangements in non-commercial vehicles, i.e. automobiles, station wagon, mini van, SUV's and non-commercially registered 4-wheel pick-up trucks and vans. They may use their own equipment, including but not limited to carts, dollies, luggage carriers, flat bed carts and 2-wheel hand trucks. They may not use motorized and hydraulic devices.